Animal Care & Assistance Fund (ACAF)
PO BOX 16104
Pittsburgh, PA 15242
- Due to limited funding availability, only patients of Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center (PVSEC) are eligible for consideration.
- We are a one-time benefit for emergency or life-saving treatment or issues that significantly affect the pet's quality of life
- Owner must apply for Care Credit
- Funding approval is based on the pet owner's current financial situation and the pet's diagnosis and prognosis.
- Pet owners must show resposible pet ownership. (Pet visits primary care veterinarian at regular intervals, etc.)
- Strays or relinquished pets are not eligible for funding.
- ACAF is an assistance fund. We are unable to cover bills in full.
- ACAF does not help with routine veterinary care, medications, spay/neuter, vaccinations, etc.
If your pet's PVSEC veterinarian feels that your pet may qualify for funding, they will provide you with an application. Funds are distributed subject to the discretion of the Board of Directors of the Animal Care & Assistance Fund.
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES, CLICK HERE